Basic account is a single-currency current account in Euro currency that provides basic payment functions:
- crediting of funds to the account;
- Euro transfers to the account opened with any commercial bank of the Republic of Latvia or a member country of the European Union.
Basic account may be opened by individuals only, who are Residents of the European Union* on the condition that they do not have a payment account opened with other Latvian commercial bank.
In addition, the Customer who opened the Basic account shall have the right to use the following services**:
Internet Banking that provides:
- remote account management by using a code calculator Digipass
- preparation of payment orders for transfers execution
- communication with the Bank and the personal manager
Maestro international debit card that allows Customers to:
- pay for products and services free of charge in Latvia and abroad
- withdraw cash in ATMs with Maestro logo
- receive cash at JSC “Regionala investiciju banka” Customer service area
- pay for online purchases at the merchants which accept Maestro debit card
- pay by card in any currency
- quickly and easily monitor expenses and check actual balance on the card account via Internet Banking
In order to open a Basic account it is necessary to:
- visit the Bank at 2 J.Alunana Str., Riga, Latvia
- complete an Application for Basic account opening and a Customer questionnaire
- present an identification document
The Bank shall have the right to deny the Basic account opening and servicing in the following cases, but not limited to:
- As a result of such account opening and servicing the requirements of the normative acts have been violated, including in the sphere of prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing;
- The Customer has provided false information when opening a Basic account;
- The Customer already has an opened payment account in other Latvian commercial bank;
- The Customer is no longer a Resident of the European Union or a person who has the right to remain in Latvia, who has not been granted with a residence permit, but whose expulsion from Latvia is not possible in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia.
* Residents of the European Union – citizens and non-citizens of the Republic of Latvia or citizens of other member countries of the European Union, the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation, as well as persons who have the right to remain in Latvia in compliance with the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia, including persons who have not been granted with a residence permit, but whose expulsion from Latvia is not possible.
** Purchase of additional services is not compulsory to access a basic account.
Commissions are charged for opening and servicing of the Basic account and all the related additional services in accordance with the Price list for individuals, residents of the Republic of Latvia.