Payment card security
Use of payment cards is much safer than use of cash, because if the card is lost or stolen you have a possibility of blocking the card account, which will prevent swindlers from spending your savings.
In order to avoid unpleasant situations involved with the use of payment cards, please pay attention to the following payment card custody and use terms and conditions, which will make using payment cards more secure:
Safe Custody of Payment Cards
- It is mandatory to keep a payment card in a safe place as you would keep cash. Do not leave the payment card unattended in places where strangers can have access to it. Protect your payment card from pickpockets!
- Memorize your PIN code and keep it a secret. This is your signature in an electronic format. Do not write PIN code on the payment card and do not keep it together with the payment card; otherwise, swindlers will be able to easily use the funds in your account when they get a hold of your payment card.
- Do not give your payment card and its PIN code to a third party.Only the person whose name and surname are indicated on the payment card may use it.
- Write down the payment card number, payment card account number and telephone numbers, which are to be used if your payment card is lost or stolen. Keep this information in a safe place!
- Upon receipt of the payment card, immediately sign on the back of the payment card on the stripe intended for the signature.
- It is not allowed to keep a payment card together with items that may damage the payment card (keys, coins, etc.), as well as together with subjects producing electromagnetic field (e.g., a mobile phone).
- Carefully check payment card account statement every month! Should you find any discrepancy or notice transactions that you have not performed, immediately report to the Bank’s specialists.
Safe Cash Withdrawal and Shopping
- When withdrawing cash from ATM make sure that no one is watching you: no one is standing next to you and watching closely your actions, for instance, the entered PIN code, transaction amount or account balance shown on the screen;
- Do not forget to take your cash, payment card and transaction receipt from ATM after the transaction is completed;
- Destroy receipts on which your payment card number is seen. Do not discard ATM receipts in public places because they contain confidential information;
- If ATM will not return your payment card be careful if someone offers you help. It is better to contact the Bank and notify us about the incident!
- Before signing a receipt or confirming a purchase with your PIN code always make sure that the amount that is printed on the receipt or that appears on the screen of the PIN confirmation device is correct. Do not sign an empty or partially completed receipt, cross out all empty lines above the transaction total amount!
- If you notice a discrepancy between the confirmed amount and the actual purchase price right away at the cash register, forthwith inform the sales person. The sales person is obliged to make corrections to the transaction.
- Always make sure that a sales person gives you your payment card and a copy of the transaction receipt. Make sure that the card returned by a sales person is yours!
- Keep your purchase receipts and ATM receipts and every month reconcile and check correspondence of the account statement to performed transactions.
Secure Payments through the Internet
- Shop with Internet shops that have a good reputation and good references;
- To avoid possible fraud with the payment card, do not send the number of your payment card and other information pertinent to finances by e-mail. E-mail is not a safe means of communication;
- The Bank will never use e-mail and will never call you in order to inquire your payment card identification information (PIN code, payment card number or other confidential information). Please do not respond to e-mail messages in which this or similar information is requested on behalf of the Bank;
- Addresses of secure home pages start with https://, and not with http://. So, the letter “s” is important; it signifies reinforced security of the Internet page;
- Make sure that a vendor uses information encoding systems. If so, at the bottom of the page one can see a key icon;
- Print out and keep all purchase and payment confirmations related to your purchases and transactions on the Internet. Keep them in a safe place!
- Where you have suspicions that your authentication or payment card information has become known to a stranger, please immediately contact the Bank or Worldline Latvia.
Payment Card Safety during Travelling
- Before going on a trip make sure that your payment card will not expire earlier than your travel is completed.
- Do not leave your payment cards unattended, for instance, in the hotel room, by the swimming pool, etc. Use safes available in hotel rooms for custody of your payment card.
- Keep all purchase receipts and confirmations of other transactions and reconcile them against the payment card account statement upon return from the trip.
Cards Information Service: (+371) 67 33 22 00
E - mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. - 17:45 p.m.
! If your payment card is lost, stolen or you have any other questions concerning cards outside Bank's working hours, please contact the Help desk of Worldline Latvia on (+371) 67 092 555.